What rights do children with disabilities have in Romania?
About social assistance
There are several types of social aid that the state provides, depending on the problems faced by the citizens.
Thus, there is social assistance for:
- heating the house;
- family support;
- guaranteed minimum income;
- emergency aid (natural calamities, fires, etc.) and burial aid;
- couples who have completed at least 50 years of marriage, as a loyalty prize.
Documents required for granting the monthly allowance for raising the disabled child between 3 and 7
Also, additional social assistance is provided for people with disabilities. Depending on the severity of the disability, the amount granted will also increase. In order to grant the monthly allowance for raising the disabled child between 3 and 7 years, the following documents are required:
- copy of the child's birth certificate;
- statement on their own responsibility and the evidence issued by the competent authorities stating that the other parent does not benefit from leave and allowance for raising the disabled child;
- the child's certificate of disability classification;
- the evidence issued by the competent bodies from which the applicant does not obtain any other income;
- the evidence issued by the employer, or a statement on his own responsibility, attesting that the person is on leave to raise the disabled child.
The application, together with the supporting documents, will be registered and submitted to the National Agency for Social Benefits, to make the payment.
What is social aid?
Children with disabilities benefit, besides the state allowance, in the amount provided by law, increased by 100%, and by a monthly supplementary personal budget, which varies between 34-90 lei, depending on the degree of disability. For the child with severe disabilities, a companion allowance (416 lei) or personal assistant is also granted.
There are also some social facilities, such as free interurban and urban transport, for children with disabilities, as well as for their companions.
In addition, people with severe or accentuated disabilities, or those who care for a child with severe or accentuated disabilities, can benefit from the exemption of the interest payment on the contracted credits.
According to GEO 111/2010, persons born starting January 1, 2011 benefit from a monthly allowance and leave to raise the child, up to 1 year or 2 years, depending on the option of the parent.
For the child with a disability, the leave is granted until the child reaches the age of 3 years, and the allowance is granted in the amount of 75% of the average of the net income for the last year, the maximum ceiling being 3400 lei.
Av. Coltuc Marius
Tags Help children with disabilities